Carnarvon police seize frightening weapon
A 28-year-old Carnarvon man has been charged after police allegedly seized a machete following a domestic dispute in Carnarvon last week.
Police said they were responding to an incident at a home on Acacia Way about 10.20am on Thursday when they spotted the man leaving the property with the large knife protruding from his shorts.
He was charged with possession of a controlled weapon and will face Carnarvon Magistrate’s Court on December 18.
Sgt Jayden Lowe said Carnarvon police had a zero tolerance approach towards anyone carrying items that could pose a threat to the community.
“If we sight anything like that and people don’t have a lawful reason for having it, we will seize it and they may be charged,” he said.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails