More than a dozen families doing it tough will miss out on their Christmas lunch as a result of a senseless rampage at Foodbank WA’s Bunbury branch early on Monday morning. As a result of the damage to the Clifford Street premises, an estimated 125 families did not get their weekly deliveries or were able to collect meals on Monday. Foodbank WA CEO Kate O’Hara said 15 of the affected families were on a fortnightly schedule, which would mean they will now not get their meals until after Christmas day. “The break-in was very quick, they knew what they were doing,” she said. “Why anyone would target us is beyond me.” Staff arrived at work to start the week to find extensive damage to the front entrance and main office of the Bunbury branch and worked throughout Monday to clear away the mess. Ms O’Hara said little had been stolen in the rampage but the extensive damage to the premises had put them behind a day and resulted in scheduled Monday deliveries being cancelled. She hoped the mess could be cleared away and the service could resume as soon as possible. “We don’t carry cash at Foodbank, we carry food,” she said. “It’s food for others, and their actions have left 125 families without food today, it’s not cool, it’s very disappointing.” Foodbank WA’s Bunbury operation is a collection point for the South West, accepting produce from farmers from across the region with more than 80 per cent of food collected being fruit and vegetables. The food received at the Bunbury premises is used to help families in the South West but also Statewide through branches in Perth, Peel, Geraldton, Albany and Kalgoorlie. Ms O’Hara also spent much of Monday working with police who she believed had gained enough information to find those responsible. She said in the meantime Foodbank Bunbury staff would continue to try to get the service back open and get food to those most in need. “They’re a phenomenal crew, it’s a testament to their resilience and their professionalism,” Ms O’Hara said. “We’re very grateful for the support from our suppliers too ... we just want to get back out so families can have their meals for Christmas.” Police were contacted for comment but had not responded prior to the Herald going to print.