Three boys allegedly target Geraldton and Wonthella businesses in weekend burglary spree

Jessica MoroneyMidwest Times
Geraldton Police Station.
Camera IconGeraldton Police Station. Credit: Mal Fairclough/WA News

Three boys — one as young as 12 — are accused of committing a burglary spree on multiple businesses in the space of an hour over the weekend.

The juveniles allegedly stole educational technology, sporting accessories and attempted to break into a canteen in and around Geraldton.

Police say on Saturday, July 16, the trio, aged 15, 14 and 12, allegedly took part in a series of burglaries, which included the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre, the Aquarena and Geraldton Golf Club in Wonthella.

Geraldton Police acting officer-in-charge Sen. Sgt Adrian Geary said between 9.50pm and 10.50pm the boys broke into the learning centre and stole an iPad, attempted to gain entry into the Aquarena’s canteen with no success and stole multiple items from the Geraldton Golf Club.

Get in front of tomorrow's news for FREE

Journalism for the curious Australian across politics, business, culture and opinion.


Police say they arrested one of the boys early on Monday, July 18 and the other two later the same day.

They have all been refused bail and were set to appear in Geraldton Children’s Court on Tuesday, July 19.

All three have been charged with two counts of aggravated burglary and commit, two counts of stealing and aggravated burglary with intent.

In a separate incident, a 17-year-old allegedly gained entry into a home on Brisbane Street in Waggrakine around 5pm on Sunday.

A woman living at the address returned home to find an intruder in the kitchen. A man who was at home at the time had not realised there was someone in the house.

“The husband didn’t realise someone was in the house. When the wife returned home to find him in the kitchen, she scared him and the (alleged offender) fled the house,” Sen. Sgt Geary said.

“Not long after he was arrested by patrol. We were lucky they were in the area at the time of the radio call.”

The 17-year-old is charged with aggravated burglary and was bailed with a summons to appear in court at a later date.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails