Latest snapshot of coronavirus impact
* There have been 47,406,253 vaccine doses administered in the national COVID-19 rollout up to Thursday, including 353,190 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of that total, 29,003,651 have been administered by commonwealth facilities, an increase of 266,425 in the previous 24 hours.
* State and territory facilities have administered 18,402,602 vaccines, an increase of 86,765 in the previous 24 hours.
* More than 95 per cent of people aged 16 and over have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 92.8 per cent are double vaccinated.
* A total of 6,063,134 adults have received more than two doses - including a booster or top-up shot - an increase of 264,764 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 64,523 new cases: 25,168 in NSW, 18,167 in Victoria,16,031 in Queensland, 3023 in South Australia, 866 in Tasmania, 826 in the ACT, 432 in the Northern Territory and 10 in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 2989 (+88): Victoria 1771 (+20), NSW 1024 (+46), Queensland 85 (+13), South Australia 64 (+6), WA nine, ACT 22 (+2), Tasmania 14 (+1) and the NT two. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 342,155,877
* Deaths: at least 5,573,498
* Vaccine doses administered: 9,749,216,355
Data current as at 1645 AEDT on January 21, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails